The course covers the newly updated BACP core competences in working with children aged 4years and upwards and includes some practical and theory based activities with some additional reading requirements also.
The content of the workshop includes:
- Educational acronyms and systems in place in both junior & senior schools and the office
- Contracting and parental consent
- Common presenting issues and how to work with them
- Common development issues affecting children and young people
- Equality and diversity regarding children in education
- Key considerations, Legality/BACP
- How children and adults differ in counselling
- Child development
- Disclosures and child protection
- Different types of resources – life stories, social stories, using puppets, worry keepers, games, art, toys, clay
- Considerations to bear in mind in working with children and teens in a school environment
- Intro to different therapies used in the counselling room – Theraplay, Play therapy, DDP, Filial Therapy, Systemic and Family therapy
A certificate of attendance will be provided.
There is a fee for registering at this event.